DVR Firmware

Options
Rbloom
Rbloom Posts: 5 Spectator
edited January 19 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

For the last few weeks my dvr has suddenly at various times had a firmware update. The process seems to finish, but the firmware version does not change. The dvr is a model 201 and the firmware is now at v5082c08e. The most current activity for this has been 9/14, 9/29 and 10/1. What is the current version of the firmware supposed to be and how do I force an update?

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Rbloom, welcome to our community!

Firmware updates are all handled automatically. It sounds like your DVR is failing to apply a firmware update. Have you tried manually rebooting the DVR by removing the power cord for 30 seconds?

• Rbloom
    Options

Thanks, but I have done all of that. That being said the new system upgrade that occurred on Tuesday morning has updated the firmware version, so hopefully this will keep the system from trying to do a firmware update. One would think that if the update failed then I would see a message as such. We'll see if we continue to get firmware update attempts.

• amywyo
    amywyo Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I intensely dislike the most recent firmware update to my DVR. It takes forever to delete & watch next episode.

• Rbloom
    Options

Not sure why, but within 24 hours of the system upgrade where my firmware was updated it has now reverted back to the old firmware of  v5082c08e. It would be nice to be able to talk with a tech that knows the firmware versions and how it works on updates.

• Rbloom
    Options

I am a little late in updating this since I wanted see what was going to happen with the firmware version. A day after the newest version was overridden by the current one it updated again (overnight) to what I believe is the latest version. I believe that on October 3rd there was a system update and the firmware was updated to V5082C099. On October 5th (overnight) I checked the version and it was back to the previous version on V5082C08E. On October 8th I checked the version and it was back to V5982C099 and it has not updated since and we have not seen any interruptions since that time. Hopefully this means that they may have fixed some system issue that was causing this. I'll keep checking it.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the update! If it keeps rolling back/updating it could be a failing receiver and should probably be exchanged.

• Rbloom
    Options

Not to happy about doing that since I have numerous saved recordings that I would lose. I'll keep monitoring it for now.

This discussion has been closed.