DGE-1001, but only on Spectrum Wifi

Options
Echambliss
Echambliss Posts: 2 Spectator

Hi,

Ever since the latest update (September 19th) the Spectrum TV app will not fully load and throws the "DGE-1001" error code when I am connected to my Spectrum internet via wifi. When I turn off my Spectrum internet wifi and try again (with cellular data), it does load properly.

Interestingly the MySpectrum app exhibits the same behavior. It doesn't load properly (throwing an "unable to complete service request" error) when I'm connected to my Spectrum internet wifi, but loads just fine on cellular data.

I have tried rebooting my phone, rebooting the apps, uninstalling/reinstalling the apps, and even rebooting my router. Nothing changes. 

No other apps on my phone are having issues and, yes, I am connected to the internet when it throws this error.

Can you help? I am running the latest release of Android 13 on a Samsung S21. From a wifi perspective, I'm using the Spectrum-supplied modem, but use a UniFi USG-3P Security Gateway as my router. (The router is not new, btw.)

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

-Ed

Best Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 403 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Echambliss and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about the error message you are receiving while connected to your modem. I am not seeing that your modem has been successfully reset in sometime I recommend that you attempt to reset all the internet equipment. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. Are you able to try this and let us know? - Lyn

• Echambliss
    Echambliss Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for reaching out.

Success! Power cycling my Spectrum modem seems to have done the trick. I guess I just didn't "reboot" high enough up the line.

Thanks again,

-Ed

This discussion has been closed.