I manage a domain, stovebolt.com, that is having emails to Spectum users blocked

Options
pschmehl
pschmehl Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited November 2023 in Email

Our MTA is not on any of the 85 known email blacklists, and no other domain (that I am aware of) is blocking emails from our server. Only Spectrum is doing this. The AUP # is 1020, and that's just a generic message that says we're blocking your email. Well doh!

It doesn't appear that Spectrum has a facility for mail administrators to interact with their technical staff to resolve issues like this, so I'm posting here in the faint hope that someone with the power to fix this will read it and interact with me. My Spectrum address is removed by mod. My stovebolt address is removed by mod. You can also reach me at removed by mod. Obviously you can send email to my geek address but I would not be able to respond since you're blocking me.

Here's the mail headers:

<removed by mod>: host mx0.charter.net[removed by mod] refused to talk to

me: 554 impin004.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp removed by mod blocked.

Please see

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes

for more information. AUP#In-1020

Reporting-MTA: dns; removed by mod

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 4411348004026

X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; removed by mod

Arrival-Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 13:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; removed by mod

Original-Recipient: rfc822; removed by mod

Action: delayed

Remote-MTA: dns; mx0.charter.net

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 impin004.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp

108.174.193.28 blocked. Please see

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes

for more information. AUP#In-1020

Will-Retry-Until: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 13:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pschmehl.  AUP #1020 means there is a block on the email address due to suspicious activity. It is not an IP blacklist, it is likely a result of recipients marking the emails as spam or other markers. The block will expire automatically, the duration can vary depending on the nature of the suspicious activity. I'm sorry but there is no way for the block to be manually removed.

This discussion has been closed.