Not playing back complete show

Options
Duggan1
Duggan1 Posts: 5 Spectator
edited November 2023 in Cloud DVR

Cloud dvr says 30 minute show, but stops in middle of show and then shows only partial show recorded. Happens often for 2 shows recorded between 4:00 and 5:00 pm (central time). (Judge Judy and Jeopardy)

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Duggan1!

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the cloud DVR. Have you had issues with the recordings cutting off for other shows as well, or is it only those two?

• Duggan1
    Options

Occasionally it can be others, but lately with those 2, it happens 2 or 3 times a week. Judge Judy is on at 4 and 4:30 and yesterday both were messed up and Jeopardy too!

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,321 Contributor
    Options

What device are you using?

Have you rebooted it and your Internet equipment?

Satch

• Duggan1
    Options

Yes, rebooted modem, router, TV. It is intermittent, yesterday everything recorded with no problems!

• Duggan1
    Options

Today Jeopardy only played 7 minutes and 12 seconds. Haven't tried other shiw yet.

• Satch
    Options

Hi @Duggan1,

Call Spectrum to get your signals and lines checked. Lines may need to be updated. If that's OK. the tech will probably need to update equipment, Do you have the new Xumo Streaming box for cloud DVR? Whether you do, or do not, you need a tech visit to get some signal readings for the channel(s) where Jeopardy and Judge Judy are shown.

Satch

• Duggan1
    Options

I guess I don't understand cloud dvr...it should record shows "in the cloud" and should have nothing to do with the signal to the house. I only have internet and streaming TV, so seems like viewing the recordings is over the internet.

• Satch
    Options

Your lines and Internet are important for the strength of your signals, In any event, get a tech visit.

Satch

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@Duggan1

Looks like your modem has been online for 34 days. Please try restarting the modem again (unplug for a full 60 seconds) and if the issue continues, then we recommend that you have a service call from a technician.

This discussion has been closed.