I can send email but not receive any from outside charter.net

Options
Jimmy152
Jimmy152 Posts: 4 Spectator
edited November 2023 in Email

When I send a test email from gmail or yahoo or outlook to my new @charter.net email it never shows up. I can send an email from the webportal to gmail and it is received fine, but if I reply to it I never see it in my inbox. But if I login with a different @charter.net user and send an email to my other @charter.net address it will come through.

So why cant emails sent from outside charter domain be completed?

If I send emails from gmail to my other @charter.net accounts it works as expected. Its just this new account I created yesterday.

Thanks!

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @Jimmy152!

Welcome to Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to receive messages to your charter.net email, I am happy to look into this for you. Are you receiving an error when you send emails to charter.net email? Have you checked to see if the messages are sitting in your outbox?

• Jimmy152
    Options

I dont get an error or a bounced email notification. Its not in my outbox, it says it was delivered from gmail, it just never shows up in my @charter.net inbox.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

If you send yourself an email from gmail to gmail, do you receive it? If you send yourself a test message from yourself to yourself with your Spectrum email address, do you receive it?

• Jimmy152
    Options

Yes I receive both emails. Even when I send from a different email at charter to my new email it will work. Only when the email does not originate at charter does it not go through.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,090 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Are you checking for those incoming emails through our webmail, or a 3rd party mail client like Outlook?

• Jimmy152
    Options

webmail

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Are you able to replicate the issue if you try creating an additional new email to test access, you can delete the additional new email after testing. If the new email works, then there may be an error associated with the email you created 10/20 and you may need to delete that one as well and start over with a new email address.

This discussion has been closed.