Internet Speed Plummet

Options
TerryKN
TerryKN Posts: 2 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

After I replaced my old Arris Spectrum modem which died today with a new ET 2251 modem given to me by Spectrum my measured download Internet speed plummeted from 200-300 Mbps to less than 1 Mbps. I reset and rebooted everything with no change in speeds observed. This is a barely usable speed obviously. My paid plan is for 300 Mbps. Do you think I received a faulty replacement modem? I’m tempted to buy my own.

Thank you

Comments

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @TerryKN

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the new modem. I took a look at the account using your community registration information and it looks like the new modem was not fully activated on the account, so it was not provisioned correctly. I updated things on our end and the modem is showing the proper speed provisioning now. Are the speeds back up where they should be?

• TerryKN
    TerryKN Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Hi Renee,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn’t receive notification of a reply. Yes, in fact, on the following morning when I checked my Internet speeds they were better than ever (> 300 Mbps) so thank you very much for taking care of that for me.

I wasn’t aware that I had to notify Spectrum to activate one of their own modems so I’m glad you read my comment!

—-Terry

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

No worries on the delay, we're used to the responses here being a little delayed, especially overnight. I'm glad to hear that those updates corrected things for you and that you're seeing the new speeds. Enjoy the faster speeds!

This discussion has been closed.