How to resolve App error IFE-1002 Disable VPN to continue?

Options

I just updated to a new iphone 15. I have not been able to get the app to work on the new phone and it previously worked on my iphone xr. I have deleted the app and reinstalled and restarted the phone. My VPN from Norton is off on my phone. Please advise.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

Please try restarting the modem on the account. If the app still does not launch, please try changing the password to reset the authentication credentials. Let us know how it goes.

• ckshop813
    ckshop813 Posts: 5 Spectator
    Options

Thank you for the response but it did not work.

deleted the app and reinstalled again on my iphone after restarting it. still got the same message.

• James_M
    Options

Did you try changing the password as well?

• ckshop813
    Options

Yes online. App still displaying same message.

• James_M
    Options

Do you have a different device you can test? Does it show the same error?

• ckshop813
    Options

I tested it on my ipad. same message.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thank you for checking. The error message you are receiving is due to the app thinking that there is a VPN or proxy server being used. Are you using any form of a VPN?

• ckshop813
    Options

I have checked my phone and the Norton VPN is off. I also went into my netgear orbi wifi to see if there was something there. I can't figure this out. I also tried to add it to my husbands iphone SE and it got the same message. Norton has a VPN but I have turned it off. I also went into my iphone settings to look at that. I truly cannot figure this out.

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. We suggest contacting either Apple or your mobile provider for further troubleshooting regarding settings on your device that may be causing this error.

This discussion has been closed.