Locked out of Roadrunner email account

Options
jad4717
jad4717 Posts: 4 Spectator
edited February 21 in Email

I’ve had a roadrunner email account for the past 20 years, and in the last six months I’ve been locked out of it - I didn’t change the password but it’s no longer recognizing my password as correct. When I go to reset my password it asks me for the MAC address associated with my account, which I definitely don’t remember. There’s no other way to reset my password and customer service has been less than helpful. Any assistance would be appreciated; this account is attached to virtually every other account I own.

Tagged:

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 674 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @jad4717

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the email issues. The MAC address would be located on the sticker on the back of the modem. If you have access to the My Spectrum app, depending on the model of equipment you have, the MAC may also show in the Internet tab in the modem information.

• jad4717
    Options

Hi Renee,

Unfortunately I no longer have the same modem as I did when I set up my email account 20 years ago. It’s not linked to the MAC address on my current modem as I’ve tried that route already. Any suggestions?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

Is that with your de facto primary email account or a self-created secondary one?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

It should be your current MAC address, not the one you had when creating the email. Make sure you are getting the MAC from the modem, as the router and other devices also have MAC addresses. It may be listed as the CM MAC or HFC MAC ID.

• jad4717
    Options

Hi William,

I’ve tried every MAC address on both my modem and router. I’m still getting an error message saying “This info doesn't match our records for your account. Please check your entry and try again”. I just need the password reset. Can you help?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,718 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@jad4717,

I was able to locate your account using your registration information. I am not seeing a roadrunner domain email associated with your current account. I am seeing that your current account was opened about three years ago. Was the roadrunner email originally associated with another account or a previous account, maybe at a different address?

• jad4717
    Options

@James_M Yes! My Roadrunner email is most likely associated with the (unsure of previous or current) account at my parent’s home. This is a different address than my current account.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@jad4717

That may be the issue. Is their account still active?

• tspringer
    tspringer Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have had the same exact situation. Very frustrating as I've got so many sources using this email such as medical offices for my out of state mother. I had no warning it just stopped working one day. Support for Spectrum indicated the email was closed down as it was tied to an old account I had several years ago. I still have Spectrum for my office but not my home. Very dissappointed I didn't get some type of notification. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone today trying to resolve.

• tcudney
    tcudney Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having the same issue. I got locked out yesterday of my roadrunner account and was on chat over 4 hours. I cannot change the password and cannot get back in. There was no notification it was being disconnected

• JNicholsWilson2022
    JNicholsWilson2022 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. Something is definitely wrong with the new configuration on Spectrum's side. In the past, whenever I purchased a new laptop (about once every 18 months), adding my address to Outlook was very easy. I purchased the last one this past summer and, though I am using the same information as before, my email account is not recognized. I have had this email address for 20 years and it is practically a part of the fabric of my being. What is going on with Spectrum and RoadRunner email?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @tcudney, @JNicholsWilson2022, welcome to our community!

Are you able to sign in at https://webmail.spectrum.net/?

• dkraynak44024
    dkraynak44024 Posts: 13 Participant
    Options

is it a roadrunner.com or rr.com email. I just read from a different port that rr.com email address are still working. Roadrunner.com are former adelphia customers and rr.com are former comcast customers. Yes i also found out from the spectrum help desk that this was a case although i didn't wait three hours to find out. I was told that they sent out notices to roadrunner.com email address holders that this change was going to happen in two weeks. I never got anything from them. You have an email address from spectrum with the @twc.com domain.

• Rondoe
    Rondoe Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have same issue with my twc.com email account stating my password is wrong. I understand that Time Warner Cable was purchased by Spectrum years ago. Spectrum evidently continued to support twc email services (and others like rr) until recently. Using the Spectrum system to update password doesn't work as my twc.com email info is not stored on my account (same issue as others have reported here). Using my working live.com email I sent a test email to my twc.com address without error. I then sent an email to add@twc.com (fake) and got message back that server didn't recognize name. So my twc.com email still exists, but I can't access it.

This discussion has been closed.