Why does my Internet continue to drop?

Options
Glreed
Glreed Posts: 3 Spectator

I bought the 1G service because we play games, watch videos and I work from home often. The internet drops often several times per day. We went through online troubleshooting and replaced the modem<Tall one?> with a Spectrum replacement. We are still having the internet drop. It just did while I was on a company meeting. Why is this still happening?

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,744 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

Sorry to hear you are having speed issues. What is the speed you are seeing on a speedtest? If you can, please post a screenshot of the results and the test should be done on a direct connect to the modem, using an ethernet cable.

Thanks!

• Glreed
    Options
  • Glreed
    Options

I have nothing directly connected. Everything is wifi.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,744 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks. I was able to locate your account using your registration credentials and while 705 Mbps is in the normal range for wireless connections, I am also seeing some signal issues that may be causing occasional intermittent connections. Connecting directly with an ethernet cable may resolve the issue, otherwise we recommend scheduling a service call at your earliest convenience to have the signals and connections checked.

This discussion has been closed.