Why does my WIFI not work all the time with laptop printing?

Options
LHrdh
LHrdh Posts: 2 Spectator

I unplug the printer. Wait 30 seconds. Then I have unplugged the WIFI, and turned off and on the printer. I'm getting aggravated with Spectrum. I need help. I need a reliable printer that takes my WIFI connection. I shouldn't need to purchase a new printer, when all this time it has worked well, but last 6 months it is very upsetting!

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @LHrdh

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry about the issues with the printer. What type of printer are you using?

• LHrdh
    LHrdh Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Hp laser jet pro MFP M225dw

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks. That seems like a great printer. I was able to locate your account and see the printer connected with a very strong (RSSI -20) 2,4Gz signal, no detected signal drops or band steering events. Are you having any WiFi problems with other devices? Have you contacted HP to troubleshoot the printer and software?

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 94 Contributor
    Options

I have had issues in the past with the assigning of IP's via DHCP failing in the past--especially for devices that can go unused for days at a time. As such, I started setting static addresses to things like printers and game consoles. Make sure to bind them in the router's DHCP page though to avoid any conflicts.

This discussion has been closed.