Spectrum upgrade notifications

Options
TJB
TJB Posts: 1 Newcomer

How long will the Spectrum upgrade take? It is a big inconvenience to have the network drop while your trying to work.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @TJB, welcome to our community!

Did you receive a notice about maintenance work taking place in your area or something else? Are you still having issues with your internet service?

• Mauifan0921
    Mauifan0921 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I've lost count of how many advisories of outages I've received during this network upgrade. My service has been spotty and/or nonexistent for almost a month and only yesterday was restored. Now there is more work to be done on the 8th, 9th and 10th and I'm pretty sure my service will be lousy once again afterwards. How much longer is this going to take? So far this "upgrade" isn't so great.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Mauifan0921, welcome to our community!

It looks like the maintenance work you are referring to in the past was to fix a localized issue, not an area issue or a result of network upgrades. I do see the upgrades scheduled for the 8-10th which will allow us to offer fast upload speeds in the near future. If you continue to have internet intermittency that is unrelated, please continue contacting support as you have or make your own thread here for assistance with the issue.

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 94 Contributor
    Options

Would note that planned maintenance is <usually> done during late evening to early morning hours, not during typical business hours.

Basically, if service is down while the sun is well in the sky, it is likely an unexpected disruption.

This discussion has been closed.