Different channel numbers from spectrum receiver to watch tv

Options
Jim2413
Jim2413 Posts: 25 Contributor
edited January 19 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Why does my watch TV, on my Roku/pc have a different channel number for CNN Fox than when I watch it on my Spectrum receiver? Some channels which have changed:

Fox 38 on receiver 25 on watch tv app on pc

CNN 34 on receiver 28 on watch tv

ESPN 28 on receiver 37 on watch tv

MSNBC 26 on receiver 49 on watch tv

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,748 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Jim2413,

The app on PC & Roku authenticates through the modem, while the receiver is connected directly through the coax cable. Can you try restarting the modem and let us know if it continues?

• Jim2413
    Jim2413 Posts: 25 Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have the Technicolor TC8717T, and I reset it unfortunately some channels are still different from my receiver for example MSNBC IS 26 on the receiver it is 49 on Watch TV, Fox is 38 on the receiver, 25 on watch tv and ESPN is 28 on receiver 37 on watch tv CNN on 34 on receiver 28 on watch tv. Some channels are the same on both like the NFL network both on 87.

Maybe the guide on Watch TV has just changed and just won't pair up with the receiver guide? I'm scratching my head.

P.S. I believe I somewhat figured it out on the Spectrum receiver you are shown channels you don't have access to, while on the Watch TV app on PC/ Roku, you are only shown the channels you have, could this be the reason the channels are numbered differently on the Watch TV ?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,748 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Options

Fox 38 on receiver 25 on watch tv app on pc

CNN 34 on receiver 28 on watch tv

ESPN 28 on receiver 37 on watch tv

MSNBC 26 on receiver 49 on watch tv

I was able to locate your account using your registration information and for the channels you listed the "watch tv" channel is the correct assigned channel. Can you try restarting the cable box next, and let us know if you still see the same thing?

This discussion has been closed.