Not able to send record message to DVR on my Spectrum account from iPhone

Options
Lccoachkev
Lccoachkev Posts: 4 Spectator

When did the Spectrum app no longer communicate with in home dvr to set recordings?

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 725 Contributor
    Options

Still does as far as i'm concerned but, as always, only if a DVR is selected as in "highlighted" in settings ↳ devices.

• Lccoachkev
    Options

Thank you. Mine all of a sudden doesn’t let me. I am going to have to dig deeper into the issue. Spectrum support told me it would not and I needed to upgrade to cloud Dvr. I don’t want cloud service, I just want my Dvr to record the show by telling it from my phone. I will try another tech today.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,744 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

If the DVR was able to managed through the app previously, and there have been no account changes, then the function should still be available. The app authenticates with the devices on the account through the modem, have you tried restarting the modem and reinstalling the app?

• Lccoachkev
    Options

I did unplug and restart dvr and the modem. Time to call Spectrum again and see if a tech can actually help me. Last 2 techs just said it was not possible. I have done it all along until just a few weeks ago.

• Lccoachkev
    Options

Fixed issue.

45 minutes with tech on the phone. Had to upload newer software into DVR box. This is a new dvr box from a month ago, but had older software. Tech loaded new software/firmware remotely. Scheduling recording now works.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,744 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the update, glad to hear everything is working as expected again!

This discussion has been closed.