Did Spectrum Mobile specifically asked Google to not enable Visual Voicemail on their service

Options
danhan22
danhan22 Posts: 4 Spectator
edited December 2023 in Spectrum Mobile

Many MVNOs have specifically asked Google to not enable Visual Voicemail (voicemail transcription on the Google Phone app) on their service. Has Spectrum Mobile asked Google to disable Visual Voicemail/Voicemail transcription on their service? I know Verizon does not allow its customers to use voicemail transcription services unless they pay for premium voicemail service. The Google Phone app has free voicemail transcription service via their app, but for some reason, my Spectrum Mobile device (Motorola Edge 2022) does not have this feature listed within the settings.

Answers

• danhan22
    Options

OS Android 13

Motorola Moto Edge 2022

Latest version of Phone app by Google

I have noticed that when I have my WiFi turned on, I often get a notification in the visual voicemail that the app is not able to connect/retrieve voicemail and asks to try again. This goes away when I turn off the WiFi. Please fix.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @danhan22!

Welcome to Community Forums! Please reach out directly to our Mobile team for further assistance with this inquiry. They can be reached via phone at 1-833-224-6603.

• danhan22
    Options

I have. The technician I spoke to said they didn't have that information and did not know where they could find it. I thought I would ask elsewhere to see if someone knew the answer.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

Visual voicemail alone is one thing. Voicemail-to-text transcription on the other hand is an adjunct premium service, at least as far as VZW is concerned as you've noted. Not too many MVNO's even offer it and probably none of the VZW-affiliated ones.

• danhan22
    Options

Well, the default, pre-installed Phone app by Google is supposed to provide free voicemail transcription service with the app unless the MVNO asked Google to disable the feature.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

Maybe with Google Voice but otherwise not as a rule. Edit: Otherwise, when an MVNO doesn't provide it, it's not going to happen with iPhone, either.

🔗https://support.google.com/voice/answer/9182115?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&oco=1

This discussion has been closed.