Apple TV Screensaver interrupting playback from Spectrum DVR Cloud

Options
pkbeckman
pkbeckman Posts: 2 Spectator
edited December 2023 in Cloud DVR

I recently subscribed to Spectrum and find that when I am playing back recordings from the Spectrum DVR Cloud, the Apple TV screensaver interrupts the program every three to five minutes. The screensaver only interrupts during DVR Cloud playback. . .not with live Sprectrum, Netflix, Prime or any other app. This issue has been raised in the past in this forum and I have tried all the proposed solutions without success. Quite frustrating and getting ready to cut the cable but hoping to resolve the issue. Has anyone found a solution?

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @pkbeckman and Welcome to our Community Forums

Our apologies for any inconvenience this must be causing you. I am not sure what troubleshooting steps you completed but if you can review these options and let us know if they do not help out.

1. Delete the App from your Apple TV. Reset the Apple TV and then reinstall the App.
    2. Reset your modem/router. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. 
    3. Have you attempted to turn the Screen Saver off for your Apple TV? This is generally done under the settings.

-Lyn

• pkbeckman
    pkbeckman Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Hello Lyn. Thank you very much for the prompt feedback. These solutions were proposed in a previous string and I tried the first two. I will try them again and let you know. Not sure about option #3. I don't like the idea of turning off the screen saver as we have relatively new televisions. Turning the screen saver off when playing recordings and remembering to turn it back on doesn't seem like a long-term solution. My memory is not always that good.

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@pkbeckman

Thank you for trying the suggestions out. I can understand your concerns with not wanting to turn off the screen saver. I have checked and we are not aware of any known issues with the screen saver and the Cloud DVR option. You can also change the timing of the screen saver. You may want to lengthen the time time before the screen saver will be activated. -Lyn

This discussion has been closed.