Does Spectrum have a limit on how many emails you can block?

Options
Justwantaskquestin_1
Justwantaskquestin_1 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited December 2023 in Email

I have been getting a ton of spam email and whenever I try to block them, I get ERROR, ERROR, ERROR can't block. So I end up deleting, but then will get more. Once I tried just coping the domain address and pasting directly into the blocked filter and it will take. Then when I sign off and back on to check and will be missing. This has been going on for about a year. I have contacted Spectrum's IT team and they say them can't find an issue. And was told there was a limit and I reached it. Why is there such a thing if this is true and when will this issue be resolved?

Thanks for any help,

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Justwantaskquestin_1 and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us about blocking unwanted emails (spam email). You can block up to 250 email addresses. Please let us know if you have any further questions. - Lyn

Answers

• Justwantaskquestin_1
    Justwantaskquestin_1 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Very disappointed in Spectrum to the point of considering dropping them. I am having an issue with spam email, only to find out that you are limited in the amount of blocking to only 250. This is something that should not have a limit. I've been round and round with there IT team and customer service on this for about 6 months.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 710 Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

They all have limits and that's one of the things they all limit but any of the usual garden-variety big-tech email services have higher limits than ISP's but not by any order of magnitude. Also, in case it's relevant and for whatever it's worth, as viable as email address blocking may be for certain situations, spam mitigation isn't one of them as far as i'm concerned, because of how rapidly and copiously email spam cartels cycle through not just the email addresses they send from, but also the domains!

Edit:🔗How To Really Stop Getting Spam Email by macmostvideo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFAvUQNeksc) [Note that you can't really stop it so the title is misleading but the shpiel is worthy.]

This discussion has been closed.