Can't log into the Spectrum TV app on my iPad with iOS 12.5.7

Options

Back in March of 2023, there was an issue with the Spectrum TV app on my older Apple iPad, in that it was prompting me to download the latest version of Spectrum TV, but in order to do that, the iPad had to be on a minimum iOS version of 14. The problem is that iPad is maxed out at 12.5.7 due to hardware limitations. This resulted in an infinite loop, thus rendering the iPad obsolete for watching TV. After several of us reported it in another thread (see below), it suddenly began working again in May.

Fast forward to last night, when I was settling into my evening and noticed that I had been logged out of Spectrum TV on the same iPad. I tried several times to log back in but couldn't. I thought that maybe I couldn't remember my password, so I checked the credentials on both my computer and Android phone and they are correct. Below is the error I get. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @ScottyZ01. The current minimum is IOS 13.0, but that still leaves your iPad obsolete. Unfortunately I don't recommend getting on the internet at all with any devices that can't receive OS updates, as that can make information not just on that device vulnerable but other devices on your network as well.

That being said, 9000 errors are usually a connectivity problem and can be resolved by rebooting your modem and router, and making sure you are getting good speed on that device.

• ScottyZ01
    ScottyZ01 Posts: 5 Spectator
    Options

Hi William M,

Thank you for your response. Aside from the hiccup I mentioned back in March, iOS v12.5.7 has been working fine as long as I can remember, up until last night. At your suggestion, I rebooted my modem and router, but it did not help. I ran several speed tests from a Speedtest app on the iPad (similar to the speedtest.net website) where the average results were 116Mbps down and 23Mbps. I'm not sure what the minimum requirement is for streaming Spectrum TV, but I'm assuming that would be ample. Both my Netflix and Amazon Prime Video work perfectly fine. I think something else is going on.

Thank you.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @ScottyZ01

Those speeds would be more than enough to handle streaming. Since iOS devices would need to be running iOS 13.0 or higher and yours is using iOS 12.5.7, that is why it is no longer allowing you to log in. In order to use the Spectrum TV app on that device, it would need to be able to update to iOS 13.0 or higher. Since Netflix and Prime Video are separate apps from us, they may have different requirements for what version of iOS they will run on.

• ScottyZ01
    ScottyZ01 Posts: 5 Spectator
    Options

Hi William and Renee,

Good news! It allowed me to log in again late yesterday. Go figure!

This discussion has been closed.