Samsung The Frame Remote can't control Cisco 9865?

Options
reefdude
reefdude Posts: 3 Spectator
edited January 19 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I just got a replacement DVR and it different than my last box. It is the Cisco 9865_2 and I am unable to get the Samsung universal remote to control this box at all.

Does anyone know what code/model number I should be using? Nothing *9865* seems to work.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @reefdude!

Welcome to Community forums! Sorry to hear that it isn't working for you, I am happy to look into this. Was your remote provided by Spectrum?

Answers

• reefdude
    Options

No, I want to use the Samsung universal remote, which worked with my previous Spectrum DVR.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 726 Contributor
    Options

Depending on what kind of a code cross-reference list you have for the remote, i guess you could try whatever alternatives you may find variously listed under Spectrum or Time Warner or Bright House or Charter.

• reefdude
    Options

The problem is that all of the devices in the Samdung configuration (Cisco 9800, etc) do not work to control the box properly. This was not an issue with the previous box we had.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 726 Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

All i can figure is that the needed specific provider X model X software code isn't in there and if the box is running the Spectrum Guide software, it probably wouldn't be (and might not be, anyway,) in which case i'd alternatively try any model names you could find in there that begin with "Spectrum" or "SP" and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.