League of legends and spectrum?

Options
VanillaJay
VanillaJay Posts: 2 Spectator

Hello, I've had a custom pc for a few months and currently stream on YouTube and play League of legends, among alot of other things. Ive had spectrum at this residence for almost 3 years now with no issues...untill about 3-4 days ago. All of a sudden couldn't log into LOL, figured it was a patch day so hey whatever. But then when I tried to go to Riot website, it won't load/half loads pages. Riot support page stays all white and wont load anything. Riot client won't load my games and times out, sign in page on Riot games client is a old/out of date picture. League client will download patch but stays on a infinite loading screen. Kind of thought it was a issue on my end or riots end so i reset computer, re downloaded drivers the whole she bang. But then I noticed I'm also starting to get a Cloudflare message when I'm loading NOT Riot pages as well. White page with cloudflare in the middle saying " www.insert url here.com needs to check the security of your connection before advancing" Never seen this before in my life. I also had Google make me do a recapcha, because it said my IP address was related to a "Meris ddos attack" and needed to make sure I was human before searching. It seems like any site that makes me log in is slow and wont load alot of things also, even spectrum website. Internet has been slow as well, youtube works fine for some reason, so does steam and offline games. I tried a VPN for about 5 minutes today, and all of a sudden I could load alot of things that I couldn't before. But it had too much lag and so I shut it off. These problems are also on any device connected to my wifi "my pc is ethernet connected" and I have no issues on other peoples wifi or on my mobile phone service. I'm so confused I feel like something is going on with my dns or ip address or something but I don't have enough knowledge to do anything other than to post here or call spectrum tech support in the morning. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks! "I have screenshots of the loading issues and other things if that could help I will post thanks!"

Comments

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 702 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

I do apologize for the issues you are having. Can you go to this site and go through the troubleshooting steps to see if that helps?

-Tyleen

• VanillaJay
    VanillaJay Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Thanks for the reply!, I have tried every basic troubleshooter on spectrum, riot and windows site ive found lol. Ive reset my router, pc in every way I can. A spectrum rep on Chat even factory reset my router today, no luck. She asked for my internet speed test, and the speed test won't even work, says it can't complete the test and can't gather the info from my router

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 702 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

You're welcome! I appreciate you doing that. It sounds like it could be an equipment issue. You can either swap the equipment out at a local office or have a technician come out and take a look at the issue for you.

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.