Why I am getting an "ALP-1001: something is not working, try again later" error? How do I end it?

Options

I am getting an ALP-1001 "something is not working try again later". How to end it? The TV works. Other apps work. I can see movies, etc. The guide comes on. When I click on a channel - any channel - I get that message. This has not happened before. My wifi signal works everywhere in the house.

Best Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & welcome!

ALP-1001 is an intermittent connection error code related to Apple TV. The app launches on the Apple TV after authenticating on the modem. Restarting the modem should resolve the issue. You may need to restart the Apple TV and relaunch the app again. Let us know if the issue continues.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Correct, disconnect the power cord for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in. It will reset the modem and the internet will be interrupted while it is unplugged. Services and connection will be restored once the modem is back online.

Answers

• TSW2
    TSW2 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I turn the TV and apple TV box off and back on. No help.

• TSW2
    TSW2 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

My modem and internet works fine everywhere else. Do I just need to pull the power cord out of my modem and then put it back in? Will this affect my internet and wifi and other services?

This discussion has been closed.