Why am I getting repeated error message on outgoing mail fail?

Options
99db_needshelp
99db_needshelp Posts: 2 Spectator
edited January 4 in Email

This is a new problem that started a few weeks ago. I get an error message in Outlook using spectrum e-mail. It looks like it is trying to send a message, except there is no message to send. Then error message shows up.

Task ----@---.--.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 550 5.1.0 <> sender rejected. The email address you are sending as must match the email address you used to auth. Please check your SMTP settings. AUP#Out-1500'

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dave

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @99db_needshelp and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry this is happening when trying to send out an email using Outlook. Have you checked to make sure your Email server information is correct with Outlook? To determine which server information you should be using please visit Email Server information. If the information is correct, please try using our webmail option to see if you are able to send out emails. Please let us know if you need further assistance. -Lyn

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,090 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

AUP 1500 means 'Your email was rejected for attempting to send as a different email address than you signed in under.' but it doesn't sound like you are trying to do anything like that. I recommend checking for Outlook updates, and removing re-adding the email account, or testing a different email client.

Answers

• 99db_needshelp
    99db_needshelp Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

The email server information is correct and has not changed, including the complete e-mail address.

Webmail is able to both send and receive.

To clarify, I am able to both send and receive e-mails in Outlook. However, I continue to get the error message above every time Outlook does the send/receive action.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 710 Contributor
    Options

By now i think that your "username" as well as your email address in your baseline Outlook account settings will both need to be your de facto full Spectrum email address.

This discussion has been closed.