Why is my Spectrum TV app incomplete?

Options

On the bottom of the app I only have Home, Live, and On Demand. What happened to Guide and My DVR options?

Best Answer

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Suep

Welcome to Community Forums! We are happy to look into this for you. What device are you using the app on?

Answers

• Suep
    Suep Posts: 7 Spectator
    Options

iPad Pro and iPhone X. Both the same

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 726 Contributor
    Options

The guide is now rather intuitively integrated with Live TV where you can interactively have either to full-screen out the other, on the fly, but make sure you have the latest version 9.3 of the app and, for good measure, iPadOS 17.2 and iOS 17.2.1 and then go into settings and make sure a DVR is selected under Devices in order for the record function to show up for future recordable program listings.

• Suep
    Options

The spectrum tv app does not work at all. I can’t watch live tv. The guide doesn’t appear. Neither does my dvr recordings. Anyone else totally dissatisfied with spectrum and their app?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,745 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@Suep

Can you try restarting the modem on the account as well as delete and reinstall the app? Restarting the modem and updating the app usually resolves most issues.

Thanks!

• Suep
    Options

Thanks. Did that. Live viewing came back. But app is still incomplete. Bottom selections still don’t include guide or my dvr. Only home, live and on demand

• James_M
    Options

There are currently no known issues with missing guide information being reported by other customers.

I was able to locate your account using your registration information and our tools are showing that the modem has been online for 55+ days. To restart, you can unplug the device for a full 30-60 and then plug it back in. Shorter periods of time may not result in a successful reboot.

I've also included the link Troubleshooting issues with the Spectrum TV App that outlines some additional information that may be helpful.

• Suep
    Options

That part of the app hasn’t been working right for months, even had a tech guy out and he couldn’t figure it out. I’ll restart modem. But I can tell you that’s not it. He did the same thing. He said it was more my account wasn’t linked correctly, whatever that means

• Suep
    Options

See, there are only 3 choices on the bottom. I’m missing guide and my dvr. I’ve rebooted modem and router. I reinstalled app and I’ve restarted by device. No go.

• James_M
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks. For the Guide, there were recent changes that consolidated the guide into live tv. You would need to exit full screen to see the live TV guide. For the DVR, it looks like your home DVR's are not compatible with the app and you do not have CloudDVR. Since you do not have compatible services, you no longer see the DVR icon.

In the unusual event there is an error, do you have a different device, such as a Roku or a different smartphone that you can test and see if you get the same results?

• Suep
    Options

They r updated spectrum dvr. I fail to see how they aren’t compatible.

This discussion has been closed.