I recently switched from Windows Mail to Outlook.

Options
JAS130
JAS130 Posts: 6 Spectator
edited February 5 in Email

My roadrunner email will no longer send email but will still receive email. My outlook email was not impacted.

Any ideas?

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 705 Contributor
    Options

If you're talking about the "new Outlook for Windows" aka "Outlook (new)", you could try authing it with microsoft cloud by adding your microsoft email account to it and then you might get a microsoft cloud IP address that does have a reverse DNS pointer record for the microsoft cloud aka "Microsoft sync technology" relay of your non-microsoft SMTP. Otherwise you might as well revert to Windows Mail or use Mozilla Thunderbird instead, at least for the time being.

🔗https://www.xda-developers.com/privacy-implications-new-microsoft-outlook/

🔗https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/comment/185933

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @JAS130

Welcome to Community Forums! We are happy to look into this for you. Is there an error message when you try sending emails via Outlook?

• JAS130
    Options

Hi Jaleesa ! It looks like the problem is with the roadrunner email account. I can receive but not send emails. The Outlook account appears to be ok.

There is a technical details section at the bottom of the page and it has this error code: AUP#Out-1130

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

Please use the link to log into your email directly http://bit.ly/2RocRea. Once you're in, please try sending a message to yourself and let us know what happens.

• JAS130
    Options

I was able to send a message to myself using the link that you supplied.

So what does that mean?

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

That would indicate that the Spectrum email servers are working fine as you were able to send and receive messages. Have you recently changed any settings in Outlook?

• JAS130
    Options

Not intentionally! I just recently setup roadrunner mail in outlook because I was using Windows Mail and that is going away. I am not sure that that I was ever able to send roadrunner emails in outlook. I was wondering if I messed up somewhere while setting up roadrunner email in outlook. Would it be worth deleting it and then reinstalling it?

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

I would first check to make sure that you are using the correct server settings. You can find the correct settings here: http://bit.ly/2UqCrRz

• JAS130
    Options

I will check that out,thanks!

• MelissaJeanSimms
    MelissaJeanSimms Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having the same issue. I turned off McAfee VPN and was able to send email from Outlook on my rr.com account as well as thru the webmail server. With VPN on, I couldn't send from either Outlook or Webmail.

• dkraynak44024
    dkraynak44024 Posts: 13 Participant
    Options

I thought spectrum turned off roadrunner.com address. I guess because i had roadrunner.com not rr.com

• hartinrl
    hartinrl Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hello. I am also a newcomer.

I am having the same identical problem as JAS130.

It is extremely frustrating as I had a similar problem with the earlier version of Outlook a few month back.

Honestly, I think this a Spectrum/Roadrunner issue.

I have rr.com and gmail.com email accounts. I did a test this morning. When in Outlook, I can send emails via the gmail account but not the spectrum/rr account; they come back as undelivered in outlook.

The files are all configured properly per Spectrum specs.

Spectrum...what gives?

Thank you.

hartinrl

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,318 Contributor
    Options

One big problem,

Road Runner is showing it's age. I mean really showing it's age Going back about 20 years+. At that time it was provided by the now defunct Time Warner Cable. Spectrum kept it going for several years as a "courtesy " to Road Runner subscribers.

However, if you can you should move on to something more secure like Outlook. If you want ISP-based email. Non-ISP based email , (aka Webmail) like Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail.com, or Gmail.com is free for life and is offered on any computer or browser with a web-connection. Even mobile devices.

Use an ad-blocker like Ghostery to stop webmail ads. You can also use the outstanding Brave Browser, which is built around privacy, is supper-fast, has built in malware, and ad-block protection that runs right out of the box and is perfect for web mail. (If you use the Brave Browser, the ad blocker is built in. All third party tracking cookies get blocked automatically. If you want all tracking cookies to get blocked in the Brave Browser, go to Settings, and set your shields to "Aggressive."

Satch

• RM125
    RM125 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hmmm.... seems to be an ongoing theme here. Until yesterday, my Outlook (Office 2013 ver.) was working as it should. No changes have been made to the settings in Outlook. It seems to be an issue with the SMTP server(s), as I can receive e-mail, but can not send. Gettting a SMTP error

- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.1.0 <myemail@cfl.rr.com> sender rejected. The email address you are sending as must match the email address you used to auth. Please check your SMTP settings. AUP#Out-1500'

Yes, webmail work fine sending & receiving mail. I've been using Outlook for years, never had any issues. The settings on the Spectrum Server Settings page do not match what I have for SMTP server setting and changing the SMTP server to what is suggested on the Spectrum page produced the same error. What has changed, Spectrum?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 705 Contributor
    edited January 6
    Options

@RM125 : specifically regarding AUP 1500, i believe what has changed is that the SMTP server is now calling for your "User Name" (not to be confused with "Your Name" as in your display name) to contain your full email address just like the "Email Address" field. (The full email address is preferable for IMAP user name, too, so you don't need massage it separately for SMTP.)

• JAS130
    Options

I got sidetracked a little bit last week. I did go back and check all my server settings and they appear to be ok. I removed my roadrunner email from Outlook and reinstalled it. That did not help. I did stumble upon Spectrum Webmail and that seems to work ok. Any reason why I should not be using that? If not,is there some way to import my contacts to Webmail?

This discussion has been closed.