Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

iphone says router security is weak

pete8703
pete8703 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited July 10 in Internet 2024 Archive

We are trying to hook up a new wireless speaker. My wife's iPhone Mini 13 says the router security is WEP. In my settings, it's WPA-2. How can I get this resolved?

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

Change the wireless router security to include WPA2-PSK aka WPA2 Personal and to exclude WEP on both 2.4 and, if applicable, 5 GHz, even if you have to upgrade-replace the old hulk in order to do so. Then re-up the iPhone connection to it by deleting/forgetting it and then reconnecting and then go from there. Otherwise state the make and model of the old hulk as well as that of the speaker.

• HT_Greenfield

Edit: My bad. Let me back up and start over by just asking for the make and model of the wireless speaker.

• pete8703
    pete8703 Posts: 2 Spectator

It's a Sonos Era 100.

• HT_Greenfield

I don't think that speaker could have much to do with it so i'm guessing that you have WEP enabled on the router/AP 2.4-GHz service set but not the 5. You should be able to change that to WPA2 (or, less preferably but if needs be, WPA/WPA2.) Otherwise state the make and model of the router and post a screenshot of the security alert.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @pete8703, welcome to our community!

Is the security alert coming from IOS or an app for the Sonos? Have you tried rebooting the iPhone and router?

This discussion has been closed.