How can I improve SPAM filtering on my Spectrum email account

Options
Pete_S1
Pete_S1 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited February 21 in Email

I get a lot of SPAM, every day on my Spectrum email account - always from different email addresses so none of the existing filtering techniques work.

Frequently the sender is a stream of incoherent letters and numbers - so I would think that an AI filter could easily be developed to screen these out.

Any useful help appreciated

Pete

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Pete_S1 and welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us about spam filtering. We have some helpful suggestions that you may want to review. Please let us know if you have any other questions. -Lyn

Answers

• Pete_S1
    Pete_S1 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Hi Lyn

Thanks for your response - I reviewed your helpful suggestions - I do all of the applicable suggestions already however they are not effective - as I mentioned in my initial post the SPAM I receive always comes from different email addresses so none of the existing filtering techniques work.

Spammers have obviously increased their technology level to be able to create numerous email addresses and domains - when will Spectrum up their SPAM filtering capability to address the problem

Pete

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 144 Contributor
    Options

What you are experiencing isn't confined to Spectrum, every ISP's email systems gets it too. If they have a support forum, you'll see that their in-house email systems have the the same complaints. As you mentioned, the email senders' addresses change constantly or are spoofed making it harder to block them.

That being said, email systems like Gmail or Outlook seem to have much better spam filtering. I have accounts with both and can attest to that.

This discussion has been closed.