Question on using the Spectrum TV app

Options
TomH359
TomH359 Posts: 8 Spectator
edited February 21 in Channels & Programming

According to this page:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/spectrum-guide-dvr-recording

I should be able to program tv shows to record to my DVR instead of the cloud. However, I don't see the following:

1. Select Recording Options.
  2. You'll see a list of Spectrum receivers. Choose the receiver on which you’d like to make the recording and select Confirm.

What needs to be done in order to see the Recording Options and the various DVR's in the house?

Thanks

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,718 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you are using the Spectrum TV app with cloudDVR, then access to the in home DVR's is disabled. You would need to manage recording options from each individual DVR. Remote access to DVR's through the website or the app is not available in this situation.

Thanks!

Answers

• TomH359
    Options

James, thank you for the quick response...just a follow up question - if we get rid of the Cloud DVR, does that return the remote access to the home DVR's? I didn't realize we had the Cloud DVR until a few days ago.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,718 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited January 23
    Options

Yes, removing cloudDVR should restore remote access to the home DVR's, as long as the DVR's are compatible.

Any requests for changes would need to go through employee services, and they can also advise if the DVR's currently in use are compatible with remote access through the app.

However, I would suggest considering keeping the cloudDVR, since it be accessed remotely from any mobile or streaming device. I personally use the home DVRs independently combined with Spectrum TV app access on a Samsung TV, iPhone and Roku. The cloud DVR can be accessed on any of the streaming devices and I plan to switch to Xumo once the DVRs need to be replaced.

Here is a link with some additional sublinks that my be helpful: Spectrum TV App: Download and Get Started

• TomH359
    Options

Thank you James! I'm going to start using the Cloud DVR and see how I like it and give it a few months. Appreciate the fast response!

This discussion has been closed.