Changing channels on TV app with remote

Options
frazier67
frazier67 Posts: 4 Newcomer

I'm running the Spectrum TV app on a Roku Ultra. I have an Inteset 422-4 universal remote that is set to control the Roku. I've programmed the number buttons to send the codes for the numbers to the Roku. The button presses seem to register, because the Roku's front LED flickers when I press them (as it does for other buttons), but the app doesn't respond to them. Is the app not programmed to recognize the numbers? If it recognizes number buttons on the Xumo, why not on other streaming devices?

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 403 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @frazier67

Thank you for contacting us about using a remote control to turn the channels using our App. Currently at this time this options is not available. We are always looking at ways to improve on our services and I will be sure to forward your feedback along for consideration. -Lyn

Answers

• Terry_McCann
    Terry_McCann Posts: 11 Spectator
    Options

Take a look at this post on community.roku.com which categorically states:

it doesn't matter what buttons a remote might have. If the device being controlled isn't programmed for it, the buttons will do nothing. Roku has not programmed their devices to recognize any button that isn't included in a normal Roku remote. 

Terry

This discussion has been closed.