HP printer won't stay online

Options
LarryK
LarryK Posts: 3 Spectator
edited March 5 in Home Networking

I see many threads on this topic, but I do not understand the solutions.

I have an HP wireless printer and a MAC. I can set the printer up and print a page or two. But in a few minutes, the printer goes offline. I have to reboot the printer to get it to work again - but only for a few more minutes. I've tried using the MAC Bonjour software and the HP software. Both have the same results.

My printer worked fine before I switched to Spectrum.

If it matters, my printer is an HP Laserjet pro MFP426fdw, and my router is a: Model #SAX1V1S

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 396 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @LarryK and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about your wireless printer. Have you attempted to reset your modem/router yet? This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. Please let us know if this helps out. - Lyn

• LarryK
    Options

Hi Lyn - thank you for the prompt reply. Yes, I've done that multiple times. I've used both the Apple and the HP drivers to reinstall it. I have the same problems regardless of which drivers and software I use.

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 396 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @LarryK

I am not seeing that your modem has been successfully reset in a couple of weeks. Did you recently do this? Also, have you reached out to HP to see if they have any known issues like this? Or if they can offer additional troubleshooting? -Lyn

• LarryK
    Options

Thanks again Lyn. Yes, I also did that a couple of weeks ago when I first started having trouble. HP said it's an Apple or Spectrum issue; Apple said it's a Spectrum or HP issue. And, now, I'm at a loss...

• jWS9518
    jWS9518 Posts: 24 Participant
    Options

Larry

Try downloading HP print and scan doctor. That usually fixes issues like that with my printer.

This discussion has been closed.