Darren1970
Darren1970 Posts: 5 Spectator

Hi - Why can't I download Spectrum App on my new Hisense Google TV? Thanks

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Currently, the Spectrum TV App is available exclusively on Samsung Smart TV and Apple TV's.

To use the app on an Android or Google TV, you would need use a third party device that is supported by the app, including a ROKU, Xumo or Apple TV.

Here is a link to other Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 396 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @Darren1970 and welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our streaming services. Congrats on your new TV. You can learn more about setting up our App for your new devices by clicking on the link. If your TV does not have our App available you can use something like our Xumo box to access the App. You can also use something like a ROKU or Apple TV to access the App as well. Please let us know if you have any other questions. - Lyn

• Darren1970
    Options

The question is can I download SPECTRUM App on the Hisense Google TV. if the answer is NO I will return the TV. But I want SPECTRUM to tell me why I can't?

• Darren1970
    Options

The hyperlink also doesn't work - please send the 'new advice' link you are referring to. Thanks

• James_M
    Options

Currently, the Spectrum TV App is available exclusively on Samsung Smart TV and Apple TV's.

To use the app on an Android or Google TV, you would need use a third party device that is supported by the app, including a ROKU, Xumo or Apple TV.

Here is a link to other Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

• Darren1970
    Options

Sadly you would think this would be told to people before they purchase either the tv and or commit to Spectrum.

• Darren1970
    Options

The link you just sent through said Google Play is a supported device?

• James_M
    Options

The app is supported on Android mobile devices and is available through the Google Play store.

• jasondean
    jasondean Posts: 66 Contributor
    Options

It's a shame that the app isn't available on the Google TV platform. I'm guessing the Xumo box is powered by Android which likely means there's an app. Just choosing to lock it up stinks. I prefer my Shield Pro and my Google TV 4K dongle. Make it happen Spectrum!

This discussion has been closed.