Documentation on Cloud DVR

Options
Goodguy4ups
Goodguy4ups Posts: 4 Spectator
edited March 13 in Cloud DVR

Thru my HOA, I get Spectrum TV App. The cable box is also available, but I did not get that device.

I miss having a DVR function on my live channels. Is there a way to use the Spectrum TV App on my Apple TV 4K? I do not see the option on how to do this. Is there documentation available?

Do I need a separate DVR box and remote from Spectrum?

Thanks for your assistance.

Best Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Goodguy4ups

Welcome to our community! Our Spectrum TV app is available on Apple TV. If you search for Spectrum TV in the app store, you can install the app and sign in to use your account. If you'd like a physical DVR to use the pause on live TV, one can be added to the account. Depending on your HOA's policy, you may need to request the box from them, but if not, you can get one from your local Spectrum store or one can be mailed out by calling 855-707-7328.

• Goodguy4ups
    Answer ✓
    Options

Signed up! The Community Solutions has signed me up!! And. is sending me documentation!!

THANKS! for pointing me in the right direction.

Answers

• Goodguy4ups
    Options

OK - Got Apple TV - Using the Spectrum App - I do not have a DVR box (and really don't want one - another remote - UGH). I want to use the Cloud DVR.

How do you ask to Cloud DVR a show (current, future)?

How do you ask to Cloud DVR a series?

I looked at teh documentation on Support.spectrum.net - and it says to go to menus that do not appear on my app. I have been to "Info" menu many many times - no "record" or "DVR" there - only "More episodes" - Useless.

Screen shots?

Frustrating

Thanks for the reply

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi!

Cloud DVR is a separate add on service with a separate fee. I am not seeing that it has been added to the account associated with the registration for your profile.

I added a link for How to Record and View Programs on Cloud DVR, although I'm not sure if this is the same one you are referencing. If you would like to add Cloud DVR, you would need to call Community Solutions at 833-697-7328 to review your available options.

If you don't want to pay the extra fee ($5-$10 per month currently), you always have the option to add the standard DVR at any time.

• Goodguy4ups
    Options

Thanks - I thought I had signed up for it in other screens. I will check.

AGain - Thanks!

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Happy to help! Let us know anytime you have a question!

This discussion has been closed.