Cable box was flashing between APP and IA01

Options
deedleann824
deedleann824 Posts: 108 Contributor
edited March 26 in TV Equipment

Fortunately it resolved by itself. I lost service around 2:30 am Monday (when the TV goes out, it wakes me up). There was just a black screen, no audio. I thought at first there was a hardware upgrade, but it didn't proceed like it usually does. Of course I called and had Spectrum send a corrective signal that didn't help. I also unplugged the box (Cisco 4742HDC), then re-started. That's when the error code appeared flashing between APP and IA01 on the box. This is the message that showed on the TV screen:

I initiated a service call ticket, but 20 minutes before the tech was scheduled to arrive, I checked the TV and it was fine, so I cancelled the service appt. My questions are: What happened? Why did it take 8 hours to resolve? Why didn't the hard re-boot work?

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @deedleann824

Thank you for reaching out to us about your recent concerns with the box. I was able to locate your account and I am seeing that we had a concern in your area. This was most likely detected after you contacted us. I am very glad things are working again for you. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this must have caused you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. -Lyn

Answers

• deedleann824
    deedleann824 Posts: 108 Contributor
    Options

That's why when I first called the message indicated, "We're not seeing any outage in your area."

This discussion has been closed.