Roadrunner email suddenly stopped sending

Options
Ljohnson1215
Ljohnson1215 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 24 in Email

I have two RoadRunner email addresses (cfl.rr.com) that both suddenly stopped sending messages. I can receive messages just fine but when I try to send them, they get stuck in the outbox. I have tried sending from my phone and my laptop without success. On my phone I get the error message that my password for the account is wrong and on my laptop I get the error message that the server is not working. I haven't made any changes to my equipment so the issue rests with Spectrum. Any ideas on why this is happening and when the problem will be fixed? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Demers
    Jim_Demers Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Same issue here. Suddenly (as of March 3) I can't send outgoing messages.

Error msg "The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.twc.com failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again."

I tried changing the security to STARTTLS, and connecting to port 465 (suggested on other forums) without success.

I'm connecting through Thunderbird client (Mac OS); Mac "Mail" app also fails to send, with a "timed out" error. Problem exists on two different Macs (Mini and MB Air.) Webmail works fine, and I can send mail from my iPhone, so there seems to be some incompatibility that's suddenly materialized between Mac OS and Spectrum. Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

• Ldunston
    Ldunston Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

We are having this issue too. No one at spectrum seems to have answers. They are sending me a replacement modem and router. We will see if that helps. Anyone have a fix yet?

• Joannep
    Joannep Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same is happening here. As of March no emails are being sent

• Raytat
    Raytat Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Has anyone tried removing then adding back the email account?

This discussion has been closed.