Roadrunner email not sending from Macs

Options
Jim_Demers
Jim_Demers Posts: 2 Spectator
edited March 7 in Email

I have two Macs (Mini and Air), using Mozilla Thunderbird as an email client.

Both machines have recently lost the ability to send emails using T-bird, and also using Apple's Mail app.

T-bird reports "The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.twc.com failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again."

Mail complains "Cannot send message using the server nyc.rr.com. Connections to the server "mail.twc.com" on the default ports timed out. Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent."

Settings are what they've always been:

WebMail, and outgoing email from my iPhone (same server), still work.

Anybody have any idea what's going on, and how to fix it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kevin1954
    Kevin1954 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same issue. I was finally told today, after trying three times to talk to customer service, that Spectrum will no longer suppor the old road runner email accounts. The customer service rep suggested I set up a third party email. He also gave me an 800 number to call "roadrunner support" that turned out to be a road runner sports store in San Diego. That rep said he had been getting a lot of calls from time warner custormers.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 708 Contributor
    Options

Regardless of if, when or how Spectrum would "no longer support" legacy email addresses, you can always log on to your account at www.spectrum.net and then hit Check Email in the left column of the account summary page to bring up the webmail portal and then hit Settings, Account Info and see what email address they are supporting for your account. Assuming it's the same as ever, change connection security to SSL/TLS and auth method to secure/encrypted in the app and see what happens then.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @Jim_Demers

Welcome to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues trying to send mail from your mail clients on your Apple devices. Have you tried sending an email directly from the server? Do you experience the same problem? Please follow this link http://bit.ly/2RocRea to Webmail and try sending yourself an email. Please let us know what happens.

• Kevin1954
    Kevin1954 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

The email worked fine.