HP Printers

Options
JSG
JSG Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited March 8 in Suggestions & Feedback

Why are customers not informed that 5G routers don't work with HP Printers? Why did I have to make 3 calls to tech support to get the right answer? I spent 3 calls to HP and 3 Calls to Spectrum wasting over 2 1/2 hours to be given multiple ways to temporarily change to 2.4G for an hour but never being told that the router will not work with an HP Printer. After complaining in a chat, only to be offered a $10 credit for my time. Is this how much Spectrum values their customers?

Comments

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 734 Contributor
    edited March 15
    Options

Thank you for sharing that. If you've replaced the old printer, i hope the new one is doing your new wireless router and local networking experience some justice. Just curious which specific model is the old hulk.

Otherwise you'll forgive me for saying that while a 2.4-GHz-only device obviously can't connect to a 5-GHz service set, the idea that all 2.4-GHz-only HP printers, as a rule, won't work with the 2.4-GHz service set of a state-of-the-art dual-band wireless router is news to me as is the idea that band-steering could be a factor in getting 2.4-GHz-only printers (not to be confused with garden-variety "IoT" devices) connected in the first place.

Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer: 🔗https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3967769-3956733-16