The show 911 changed channels. Now my dvr is not recording them. I have to input manually each week.

Options

How do I edit the old series?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Abmichaels

Welcome to our Community Forums, we are happy to assist! Have you tried deleting the current recording schedule and adding a new?

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 398 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Abmichaels

Thank you for the additional information. You should not need to delete the old channel series information. When you go to the show you are wanting to record and select to record does it not give you the option to record the series? -Lyn

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,321 Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Everyone,

OP should be able to just reprogram the series on the new channel. Assuming he/she is running Spectrum Guide, I would recommend my steps on how to schedule a series. Does OP have the World Box? Box with no clock? This has four tuners so this should be able to record without a problem.

Please review my steps on how to set up a series using Spectrum Guide: (First Post)

I would suggest setting up 9--1-1 as a series through the time grid

1.) Go to March 14th, 2024 in the Time Grid Cells and look for 911 at 8PM CST on ABC. Select the cell that shows 9-1-1.

2.) Set "Record Series" And select "New Episodes Only."

You should now get weekly recordings automatically of 9-1-1 at 8:00P (EST) on ABC. The old channel that the series used to be on can just sit in My Library or My Watchlist till kingdom come. That won't make a difference. By reprogramming the series, you have instructed the guide to record that series on the new channel.

Tip: Don't try to second guess what your DVR will do. Let the box record the first episode completely on March 14, 2024 at 8:00PM *CST) and than use your DVR recording list and only your DVR recording list to manage your recordings. It is best to leave scheduled recordings alone after they have been set up and scheduled.

Satch

Answers

• Abmichaels
    Abmichaels Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

There is no way to cancel the old series on the other channel since no shows have been recorded.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 721 Contributor
    edited March 11
    Options

Stupid comment: If you're talking about "9-1-1," the last new episode of last season originally aired back on May 15th. The first new episode of the upcoming season doesn't air until Thursday. Look in your DVR scheduled list and see if that episode is scheduled to record despite the network shift. If not, what Lyn said.

• Abmichaels
    Abmichaels Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

I cannot record the series due to the channel change. I can only manually set it to record week to week manually. I cannot cancel the old series on the former channel. The DVR is not smart enough to recognize the channel change.