Outgoing Email Issue on Thunderbird

Options
mike4747
mike4747 Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 26 in Email
Using thunderbird with mail.twc.com outgoing mail server and it recently stopped sending mail. I can receive mail in thunderbird, but can no longer send it.

I can send using webmail.

Using port 587 and have tried all the security settings.

My error is: An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: ~~~.charter.net cmsmtp Connection Rejected - see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/~~~ AUP#Out-1220.

Comments

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 55 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited March 25
    Options

Welcome to the community @mike4747,

Thank you for including the error message you received. Here's a list of email error codes related to our acceptable use policy and what they mean. Are you accessing your email from your home network provided by us, or through an outside network, including VPN connection? -Mo

• mike4747
    mike4747 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I'm using the spectrum modem and wifi router. No VPN or home network outside of that. I can send gmail emails through the gmail server using Thunderbird… just not anything that uses the mail.twc.com smtp mail server. All mail had been sending just fine until about a week ago. By the way, I'm having the same issue sending email on my android phone… which also had been working fine until about a week ago.