Are 1080p and/or 4k streaming options on the horizon for the streaming app

Options
brady0312
brady0312 Posts: 3 Spectator

my picture quality on the streaming app on two separate tvs is absolutely terrible. upon research the spectrum app only streams in 720p. a tech replaced the drop to the house, the line to the modem, and the modem has been replaced but nothing seems to help with the blurry picture. other streaming services offer 1080p streaming and even a 4k streaming option. is this in the future for the spectrum app or do i need to switch services?

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 405 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @brady0312 and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our Spectrum TV App. I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing this. The picture quality should be clear. Generally if this isn't the case it could be a signal concern with the Internet. Is this happening all of the time or sporadically? Do you notice any concerns when using the App outside of your home? -Lyn

Answers

• brady0312
    Options

I don’t use the app outside of the home. It’s on Roku and the tvs smart hub. I’ve tried viewing the channels both hardwired and wireless and the picture quality is terrible. If I watch sports it’s so blurry I can’t see faces

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 685 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I totally understand. Do you have a device like a cell phone that you could try using the app with mobile data on to see if the picture is blurry when you aren't connected to your WiFi network?

• brady0312
    Options

still blurry

This discussion has been closed.