Why can I not access the web mail login page URL?

Options
Steve_W_S
Steve_W_S Posts: 1 Newcomer

I can access everything else on the internet. But when I try to access the Spectrum web mail URL (https://webmail.spectrum.net/mail), I receive a message "We're sorry, but there was an issue with accessing Spectrum Webmail." Is there an issue at Spectrum?

Comments

• sagami
    sagami Posts: 11 Participant
    edited April 11
    Options

I still have an email address with (name)@elmore.rr.com which is the old Road Runner domain. I believe the ".rr.com" is still supported.

When attempting to log in I receive "The information you entered does not match our records".

Support tried 3 times to resolve the issue by accessing the account and changing the password. When I send emails from other computers and cell phones the respective Mail Servers return no address or failed delivery.

Any help is appreciated.

• sagami
    edited April 23
    Options

I still have an email address with (name)@elmore.rr.com which is the old Road Runner domain. I believe the ".rr.com" is still supported.

When attempting to log in I receive "The information you entered does not match our records".

Support tried 3 times to resolve the issue by accessing the account and changing the password. When I send emails from other computers and cell phones the respective Mail Servers return no address or failed delivery.

Any help is appreciated.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 359 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @sagami

Welcome to our Community Forums! Sorry to hear that you're unable to access your Spectrum.net email address, I am happy to help! Are you using a computer? Phone? Tablet? Are you having this issue on all devices used to access email?

• sagami
    Options

Hello, Jaleesa. I've tried computer, phone, tablet, and ebook. And yes, having the problem on all devices. Appears that the account does'nt exist outside of the Spectrum domain. I asked Spectrum Support if they could attempt to log in to the account from outside their domain but they cannot use cell phones within the building. However, Support can access the account within their domain. So, the account is still there, just no access from outside the Spectrum and or Road Runner domain. Does Road Runner still exist. I've had the account since migration from the "bellsouth.net" domain.

Thank you for your assistance.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,725 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

A couple follow up questions:

Is this email associated with a current account or a previous account?

When was the last time you were able to access the email?

Are you able to access other emails from Spectrum webmail?

• sagami
    edited April 9
    Options

Its been about 10 days I believe. I think it started around April 1st or end of March. I don't have a specific date.

I have no other email accounts via webmail. Can you access the account from where you are. If so, are you outside the Spectrum domain?

• James_M
    Options

Have you tried changing the password yourself (either select "forgot password" or go to selfcare.rr.com)?

• sagami
    Options

As a follow-on…I'm located in Alabama, Elmore county. Used to be called Brighthouse. Not sure if that name is still associated with Spectrum or not. I received no messages or mail stating changes would occur around April 1st. But, I could have missed it.

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. We were also unable to access. Looking a little deeper, there is currently a known issue impacting email. Our email team is working on a fix for this issue, but we do not have an ETA when the issue will be resolved. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

• sagami
    Options

Appreciate the prompt reply. I'll be standing by.

Thanks

• sagami
    Options

Oh, missed your query about password change.

Yes, that was my first attempt, but when I enter email name and mac addresses I get the error message…"Something went Wrong. Please try again". I get also get it when I try to change email address. Also, when I send email from my phone or other computers, or other people from Michigan and Ohio, we all get "Mail Address Does Not Exist" or Mail Delivery Unsuccessful.

I really believe its a domain issue coming from the outside.

• sagami
    Options

Selfcare gives me the same errors. Something went wrong. Please try again. Is there any way that you can create me a temporary email account for test to see if I can reach it? That will at least confirm that can access the spectrum webmail domain.

• James_M
    Options

Unfortunately, the issue is with access, not the email itself. New emails are created at the Selfcare.rr.com link provided. Since you are getting an error there as well, then you will not be able to create a new or temporary email account. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

• sagami
    Options

Thanks, I'll check back later.

• sagami
    Answer ✓
    Options

All - Problem Solved.

Worked with Tech Support today and FINALLY got resolution. Tech reset my password and ran a script called Jenkins Tool written for email and automations. This repaired my issue but may not be specific for all email log in anomalies.

• James_M
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & welcome!

There is a known issue impacting email. Our engineers are working on a fix.

Unfortunately, there is no time frame available for the issue to be resolved.

• westcoast
    westcoast Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited April 18
    Options

I have been trying to access my RR email accounts and neither of them will come up on my desktop or laptop. One of them seems to be working on my phone but the one I use for my business is not working at all. No business email… no business… Help !

• westcoast
    westcoast Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I have unplugged and reconnected everything as well as turned the modem on and off…. nothing has changed. having my equipment restarted now… hoping it helps..

• kittymiller
    kittymiller Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

how do we get an answer?

• Community_Help
    Community_Help Posts: 29 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & welcome!

There is a known issue impacting email. Our engineers are working on a fix.

Unfortunately, there is no time frame available for the issue to be resolved.

• wildroz
    wildroz Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

4/18/2024 My email stopped working in the middle of my session earlier today 8AM Does anyone know the problem and how long it will be OOS?

Thanks

• VincenzOH
    VincenzOH Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Similar problem here trying to get to mail at site woh.rr.com (mail acct was used daily; problem first recognized April 15). Tried many things. Deleting mail account and re-creating it will often work for a few minutes before failing authentication. One attempt (don't remember what I did) go an error message that certificate had expired. Maybe that will help pinpoint the problem

• epags
    epags Posts: 6 Participant
    edited April 22
    Options

Spectrum webmail has been getting slower and slower over the past week. Now my spouse and I (both have webmail accounts) today we are unable to log on via PCs or tablets. The little wheel goes around and finally says it cannot connect to https://webmail.spectrum.net/

The latest (just now) am getting this when I try to log on:

An error occurred Please contact site administrator.

Gmail works as does every other website we log into.

• epags
    epags Posts: 6 Participant
    edited April 22
    Options

Spectrum webmail has been getting slower and slower over the past week. Now my spouse and I (both have webmail accounts) today we are unable to log on via PCs or tablets. The little wheel goes around and finally says it cannot connect to https://webmail.spectrum.net/

The latest (just now) am getting this when I try to log on:

An error occurred Please contact site administrator.

Gmail works as does every other website we log into.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 677 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @epags

I apologize for the frustration. We are aware of an issue with our webmail being slow or not loading today. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue, but we have not been provided an ETA for things to be resolved at this time.

• ingmarie_141
    ingmarie_141 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

I have the same issue. It has been going on for a couple of weeks and now I can't log in. I wanted to open a Gmail account but can't get passed the 'import from other mail accounts' because I can't get to where I can send a verification from the spectrum web mail to Gmail. A catch 22 situation!!

I found on this forum that spectrum has had this problem since 2018 and never bothered to invest in fixing it, never bothered to upgrade the servers.

• SharonF
    SharonF Posts: 1 Spectator
    Options

Latency and not being able to access email anymore has become a problem. Over the past month the latency has been terrible. I have been waiting over a month to hear that they have fixed the problems.

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 701 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

I do apologize for the issues with the email service. I am seeing there is a known issue and we are working to restore the service issues.

-Tyleen

• ScottS
    ScottS Posts: 5 Participant
    Options

Has there been any update from Spectrum on the webmail outage? I'm also without access to my email since the morning of 4/18/2024. It's insane to me that this could be going unresolved this long. I've spoken to two different CSRs over the past two days and both said it was a nationwide issue, but neither could say when it would be fixed.