DVR Guide Unavailable

Options
jdmccollom
jdmccollom Posts: 3 Spectator

I have the DVR without the clock and my online account says it is a Spectrum 200.

When I try to bring up the TV Guide, a dialog box pops up and says: "Please wait while your New Charter Spectrum TV Guide is loading."

Then a dialog says "Guide unavailable" and a smaller more limited version of the guide appears.

I have rebooted the DVR multiple times and I have had this problem in the past, but after a day it went back to normal. Now it's been several days and it still has this problem. Any ideas? Maybe a new DVR?

Comments

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 405 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @jdmccollom and Welcome to our Community forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our guide not working. I am sorry this is happening. I appreciate you trying the troubleshooting before you contacted us. Did you do this by unplugging the box from the power and the cable line for 3-5 minutes. If not, can you try this and let me know if this helps. -Lyn

• jdmccollom
    Options

I went ahead and unplugged the power and cable line for 8 minutes and no change.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,755 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Please doublecheck to ensure the coax is securely seated on the back of the cable box. If there is no change, then we suggest swapping the cable box for a new one at a local store.

Thanks!

• jdmccollom
    Options

OK, thanks.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,324 Contributor
    edited April 24
    Options

Welcome to the forum!

Try this first. (If this option is available):

f you have Spectrum Guide on your box go to settings>acct overview> equipment info> click on reset data. If this does not work,hit the options button on your spec guide remote(while watching live TV) turn on closed captions and then turn off closed captions check if guide is restored. If this does not work, or you don't have this option, see below.

As the new World Boxes are signal and Internet-based, I would recommend a tech visit to check your signals and lines. The tech will probably replace the box if the signals and lines are good. This could save an issue of going to a Spectrum Store to get a new box, and it has the same behavior as before.

Satch