Force phone to roam when spectrum network is down?

Options
RaleighRon
RaleighRon Posts: 3 Spectator

my spectrum home internet service is down, which is fine because it’s rare. By why is my mobile phone service down? Can spectrum Please make the towers allow the phones to roam if their network isn’t operational?

it doesn’t make sense that I’m essentially being punished for choosing spectrum as both my phone and mobile provider (I was only able to send this message because my partner was able to sign up for tethering on their non-spectrum mobile service)

alternatively if spectrum could allow me to force the phone to use Verizon network that would solve my problem

Answers

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 704 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

I do apologize for the issues with the service. For Spectrum Mobile it already runs on Verizion towers so if you are having issues it could be an issue with them. I am not seeing any known issues in your area at this time though. Can you try to restart the phone or turn off the mobile network and back on to see if that helps?

-Tyleen

• RaleighRon
    Options

thanks that’s good to know. My phone does indicate it has 2 bars of LTE but maybe it just doesn’t have a strong signal

I can get sms messages but iMessage and data aren’t working at all

• RaleighRon
    Options

is there a way to report a dead zone to spectrum?

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 704 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately there is not a way for us to report that. You can call in to 1-833-224-6603 to the mobile team to see if they see any issues in the area.

-Tyleen