Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Why did spectrum send me a new modem?

M_Capp32
M_Capp32 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 24 in Internet 2024 Archive

I own a Motorola modem that supports the speeds that my Internet connection has. Why would spectrum send me a modem that is not needed? Should I bring the modem that was sent to the spectrum store that is near me?

Best Answer

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 106 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Good morning and welcome @M_Capp32,

A free Spectrum owned modem is sent out in situations where the current equipment will no longer be supported for use with our service. There is a requirement for a DOCSIS 3.1 modem and your device is a 3.0. You should have received notice of this requirement and that the existing incompatible modem would need to be exchanged for the new device before it is disabled to ensure continued access to your service. You should not return the new device, but will need to activate it to keep your internet connection active beyond the cutoff date of your existing device.

Answers

• 10929park
    10929park Posts: 1 Newcomer

I get a email require to ativate my modem or sent back to spectum . the problem is that I am out of country now and I have a "seasoning trmperary stop service now". I tried to do online activate but failed. I will not back until Mid July.

Please advise what I can do wih this matter. thank you.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,277 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @10929park, welcome to our community!

You should be fine to wait until your return to activate your new modem.

This discussion has been closed.