Spectrum Mobile wifi Access Points

Options
Danyellev
Danyellev Posts: 3 Spectator

My wifi Access points will not EVER work! I mainly need it while I am at my office building. I have called spectrum about this issue 5 times within the last 6 months. I follow the exact same steps recommended every time, reset network setting, forget the wifi in settings, restart the phones, etc, but I doubt spectrum is servicing these hotspots. Because this feature is so inconsistent, it causes me to run through my allowed monthly data fast. Can someone please help?

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & welcome!

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with WiFi Hotspots on this Community.

For direct support, please contact HotSpot Support at 1-888-851-9350.

Answers

• Danyellev
    Options

Every time I have called them, they say that this is a SPECTRUM MOBILE feature and issue and they are unable to help. I am not referring to the hotspot that is available on my phone. I am talking about the community public wifi access points .

• James_M
    edited April 30
    Options

Sorry for any confusion, you posted your question in the Spectrum Mobile category, so thanks for clarifying.

Beginning earlier this year, HotSpots are now only available to Spectrum Mobile customers and no longer accessible using internet account credentials.

• Danyellev
    Options

correct, which is why I stated this is is a Mobile feature that is inconsistent and not reliable. when I attempt to provide my mobile login information, it never works and I am unable to access the wifi. we are going on 3 weeks of no public wifi access.

• James_M
    Options

Hotspot support would be able to let you know if the HotSpots are operational, they can also reset the devices to improve connectivity. Otherwise, you can try connecting with a different device to see if they are working. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the tools to troubleshoot HotSpot issues. For direct support, you will need to contact HotSpot Support or Mobile support.

If the standard unlimited 30 GB is not enough for one of the lines on your account, we do have unlimited plus available that offers 50GB of data per month for an additional $10 per month (as of April 2024).

Sorry we are unable to assist further on this Community.