Is there any information regarding the email situation?

Options
GroundChuk
GroundChuk Posts: 12 Participant

It is 5/08/2024 and the email has been unreachable since at least 4/18/2024. All we get is "Yea, there is an issue, engineers are working on it". But are they?
The Spectrum system doesn't even recognize our MAC address (for when you forget your password and want to reset your password, which I thought was what was wrong at first when I couldn't log into my email and it said it didn't recognize my info), yet we can still get online. Something is seriously wrong here.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has important emails coming in that we can't access. If anyone is notified by mail for their bills, they are screwed. If Spectrum took their payments only through email, there would never be an email issue, I guarantee that.

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 8
    Options

@GroundChuk

I was unable to locate an account using your registration information. Is the email associated with a current and active internet subscription?

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. I only ask because sometimes there are emails associated with former accounts. You mentioned the MAC address not matching, and it sounds like your issue might be something different from the known issue that started 4/18/24.

Is the email domain for the email you are trying to access @woh.rr.com?

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. Unfortunately, your current, active account does not have an email associated with it, which is why the MAC address is not recognized. The @woh.rr.com email was associated with your former account that was closed over a year ago. Email is a free service, complimentary with an active Internet subscription, as outlined in the Terms of Service. When an account is closed or transferred, the email needs to be transferred as well in order to maintain unrestricted access.

While access may continue for some time after the account is closed, the email can be purged at any time beginning 60 days after the account is closed. Since "rr.com" emails were a domain associated with legacy Time Warner Cable accounts, the tools used to manage "rr.com" emails are no longer available and once the email has been purged, it cannot be recovered.

You can log into your Spectrum Account online and create a new email with the updated "@spectrum.net" domain. We apologize that we cannot assist further with the previous email. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.