Cannot send/receive email using Outlook on Mac laptop

js121
js121 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited July 10 in Email

I have outlook 2019 Version 16.78.3 for Mac. for my roadrunner.com e-mail (spectrum webmail). They usually play nice together, but 1-2 times a month, I have problems with sending and rec'd emails. Sometimes rebooting computer will help, other times the next day the e-mails will funnel in. It is annoying, so I have called Spectrum and they will "send a push" or "write a script" and then they will flow in.

My question is for those also using Outlook for Mac that have experienced the same problem… have you found a permanent solution, or a better e-mail server that plays nice with outlook?

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 501 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @js121 and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our email not working as intended. I am sorry this is happening. Just to clarify, when you notice this concern is this happening on both our Webmail and your Outlook? Or just Outlook? - Lyn

Answers

• js121

Hi Lyn,

It does happen on both, just called Spectrum a few mins ago, and again they "wrote a script" to unclog the flow of e-mails, now it works perfectly but I do wish there was a more permanent solution. Thanks, Jan

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,233 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Do you ever have issues with sending/receiving through the webmail portal, instead of Outlook?

• js121

good question, yes I do. What is odd, is some of the time I can see my e-mails on my iphone (although, they are delayed), but I can't see them in my webmail (ex: I sent myself a test email on the webmail portal at 5:45am and looked for it on webmail and on my iphone at 6:30 … it didn't send or receive. Then at 7:30, I realized it was in my iphone e-mail. At 7:45 I called Spectrum tech support to ask them to write a script (which only takes 2 mins) to push my e-mails and sure enough, within a min. they come flowing through for the rest of the day on all 3( webmail portal, iphone and outlook). This happens a couple times/per month.

This discussion has been closed.