Printers not staying connected

Options
Mikecofl
Mikecofl Posts: 2 Spectator

Has anyone come up with a solution to the printers not connecting mystery? After a reset 9 days ago, the Canon managed to stay connected till yesterday or today. The HP seemed to be connected but I wasn't using it.
Today, both are not working. Both show status connected and the Canon's IP information is correct. The Spectrum router shows both connected to 2.4 with the correct IPs as well. Yet, they do not print and can't be pinged. Soft rebooted the router via the app and no change. Did the manual reset, unplugged for 5 minutes, and the canon printer is back to life. HP isn't but I don't have time to mess with it.
This shouldn't be happening. It's a complaint I see on here, and having to reset the router for 5 minutes when we need to print is not a resolution. Never had this with Comcast using my own router or CenturyLink using their router.

Comments

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 414 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @Mikecofl

Sorry to hear that you're having issues keeping your printers connected, I am happy to help! Do both your printers require a 2.4ghz network to connect?

• lthagedorn
    lthagedorn Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same problem with my HP printer. When I go to use it it is offline. I spent a month calling HP, they reloaded the drivers and updated the printer, It still will not stay connected.