Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Problem with no HDMI Signal

rogertichy
rogertichy Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited September 9 in TV Equipment

Last tech came out June 2nd, but could not fix my not receiving channel 156. He said to call spectrum and ask for a wipe clean and reinstall. The next day channel 156 came back and i am able now to view 156. The intermittent screen pop up saying no hdmi signal still pops up but now its every few hours.

I have tried resetting the router, no affect on problem

I unplugged the top box and tv, plugged them back in, still have the problem of no hdmi signal.

As i continue pressing buttons I occassionly get tv back to working but that usually takes 5 -15 minutes.

While pressing the buttons I sometimes get no network connection.

Strangely sometimes i get no hdmi signal on screen then it changes to live tv

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

🔗https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/connecting-your-hdtv-your-cable-box-digital-receiver

↳ Damaged HDMI port ↳ To test cable and port function

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Hello,

If @HT_Greenfield 's link of instruction does not work, try a different port on the TV. Reboot the box after moving the HDMI cable to a different port.

Have you tried a new HDMI cable? When I say new, I mean new from Amazon or Best Buy. They will run between $20-$25. Don't get a cheap HDMI cable.

Satch

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 169 Contributor

It won't hurt to reboot both the STB and the TV after the HDMI port swap.

• Satch

If you have HDMI problems and you have a Smart TV, but you get HDMI error messages. Soft-Reset your Smart TV:

Using the remote that came with your TV. (not the Spectrum remote) with the TV turned on, hold down the power button on the remote until the TV turns off and a screen pops up showing the name of the TV, release the button.

You might need to do this from time to time with these Smart TV sets.

Satch

• Satch

Hello,

If OP is still having HDMI handshaking problems, do a software update on your smart TV. Worked for me! Actually, the TV is new and Samsung released a firmware update automatically. Users can go under TV settings and check for updates. Use the remote that came with your TV. Settings can vary, but it should be under something called "General."

Satch

This discussion has been closed.