Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Random lights flashing on modem

Caghca
Caghca Posts: 12 Participant
edited August 5 in Connectivity

Just had a service guy here who ended up replacing our modem, once everything was up and running, a bunch of random lights started flashing. Tech guy said this was a firmware update, this has been going on for several hours which he said is possible. But I am now reading that other people that had this happen waited days and ended up having to replace the modem again anyways. Internet's working absolutely fine, but if I'm going to have to replace it might as well get out of the way sooner than later. I tried to reach out to support and ask if they could check the status of the firmware update, that didn't answer my question and then randomly sent a reset to the modem, once everything came back up it started doing it again. So I guess my question is can support see the status of that? And can anybody else confirm that this is an actual firmware update? It is the docsis 3.1 advanced voice modem. Thank you!

Comments

• Caghca
    Caghca Posts: 12 Participant

This has actually been resolved through my own troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.