Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Ongoing pixelization issues and cable DVR box issues

Kspunky
Kspunky Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 5 in TV Equipment

I had been experiencing issue for over eight months. I have had issues with pixelization and my DVR boxes stop being able to access the guide, dVR and menu. The online service shows that one of my boxes has been off-line for days and they are unable to reset it. I reset it by unplugging it at least once every 2 to 3 days. I live in a relatively new neighborhood so I was giving grace to Spectrum hoping they were working on the issue. Finally 3 1/2 months ago I started calling. They’ve sent service technician after service technician out. They seem unable to be able to fix the problem. My line in the ground has been replaced, all three DVR boxes have been replaced more than once. I’ve had filters put on and taken off. I have a service call almost once a week. It would be more often than that, but I’m not always home when the technicians are available. I’ve even been “escalated” to the team in Massachusetts and had the local maintenance supervisor come out, but no one seems to be able to solve the problem. I’ve even had a technician tell me I’m not a priority after I was told my issue had been “escalated”. Some technicians say it’s a problem in my house. Another technician said it’s a sporadic problem. Another technician said it was an area wide problem. The last technician said this has been ongoing since November 2022 because of the high split project.

Can anyone provide assistance?

This is the service of m paying for!

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

That is really bad,

It's not your boxes or TV. They are missing something in your home, outside your home, on your street, something is wrong. They would only be working on high split upgrades in the overnight hours to minimize service disruption. I would do two things:

1.) Call Spectrum to set up signal monitoring on your account for at least 60 days. It is free, and they will be able to run trace-routes of your signals to determine where the bottleneck is located,

2.) Request a DVR service credit for the last eight months that this has been happening, and say you have had tech after tech after tech out during these times. box swaps, line replacements, and nothing has helped. I feel you should be getting free DVR service until this gets resolved.

Good Luck!

Satch

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi & welcome,

Looks like there was a recent service call and all signals are now in range and all devices appear to be online and working as expected.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.