Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Having difficulty connecting devices to 2g

Lowglow1523
Lowglow1523 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited August 28 in Connectivity

I have multiple devices that can only connect to 2g WiFi. These are security cameras, air purifier, space heater, and led devices. I moved the router into the room where the devices are. The TV is connected via Ethernet. I have disabled all devices that are not going to be in use. Reset modem and router, changed password, unplugged other devices and reset them and still have a long difficult time just trying to connect one that is withing two feet of the router. In total I have 14 devices that I would like to start using with the 2g connection for advanced features of the products. This has been ongoing for at minimum two years. Is there something in the router settings concerning 2g that I need to adjust.i have to unplug all devices and connect one at a time to have them working but after I turn them off they will not connect again.

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi & welcome!

Please try checking out this link: Features of the Spectrum Advanced Wi-Fi Router

Our advanced WiFi routers have a feature called band steering, which allows you to open the router to for a limited time to only the 2.4gHz channel so you can connect 2g devices. Once connected, the devices will stay connected. For detailed instructions, scroll down on the link and look for Set up Smart Devices (2.4 GHz).

Let us know how it goes and let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

• Lowglow1523
    Answer ✓

Excuse me for the delayed response time. I do not have the advanced router upgrade. The router I have is the wave 2 RCA2V1K. I do not know if this matters or not. I have my TV connected via Ethernet cord. No home phone line(s). Doing speed test at 4 a.m. and showing only half of the 500. What should I do next . Plan is for Internet ultra. I do not know if Spectrum contacted me about equipment upgrades. Thank you for assisting me with this.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Welcome back @Lowglow1523, it's no problem! You could try factory resetting your router by holding down the reset button for 30+ seconds. If that doesn't help I'd recommend exchanging the router at a Spectrum store, scheduling an appointment with a technician, or purchasing your own replacement router.

• Lowglow1523

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it. I will contact nearest spectrum office and exchange modem and router if possible.

One other question....do you feel that the PODS would make this situation any better. All devices that are going to be used are located in same room with router .

Thank you again .

This discussion has been closed.