Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Phone Modem CID format changed with new unit

Fisherman
Fisherman Posts: 137 Contributor
edited August 28 in Digital Phone

Comments

• Fisherman
    Fisherman Posts: 137 Contributor

I recently swapped my Arris TM602 phone modem for a Spectrum EU 2251 modem. I have a stand-alone data modem, so this unit is only provisioned for phone.
    Since I swapped the unit, the format for caller ID display has changed from (XXX) XXX-XXXX to 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX. I have a call blocking system that has many numbers stored in it over the years in the (XXX) XXX-XXXX format and it seems to no longer block the numbers in the original format.
    Is it possible to re-provision the new EU2251 unit to the (XXX) XXX-XXXX format, or am I stuck with the 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX format?

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 817 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Fisherman

I apologize, at this time we cannot change how the numbers display within the caller ID.

• pnichols
    pnichols Posts: 1 Newcomer

My land line is not working all I get is a busy signal, and my handheld phone keep saying therefor is no number for it and it has a code 108 someone please help !!!!!

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 563 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @pnichols and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am very sorry that our services was not working as intended. I was able to locate your account with your registration information. It looks like you were able to speak with one of our agents about this. If you are still needing assistance please let us know. -Lyn

This discussion has been closed.